Team Update! Is YOUR team in?
Registered teams are.....
- Choice Fabricators
- Life of Alabama
- Exchange Bank of AL
- Absolute Fitness
- Episcopal Church of the Resurrection
- St. James Catholic Church
- Alabama Alumni Club
- Et. Cty. Board of Realtors
- Et. Cty. Bar Association
- Surgical Associates of Gadsden
- Gadsden Orthopaedic Associates
- Team One & N. Glencoe Baptist Church
- Prince Metal Stamping
- Brute Fitness
- Regions Bank
Teams planning to participate...
- Meadowbrook Baptist Church
- Alabama Power
- The Fish Market
- Back 40 Brewery
- Gold's Gym
- Sheriff's Department
- Blazing Nostrils
- Coosa Outfitters
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Gadsden State Community College
- We still have room for YOU and YOUR TEAM!
Team Registration News
- March 1 - August 1, 2013 - Team REGISTRATION OPEN. Total cost: $2,100. In order to select a tent site in the Athletes’ Village, you must complete the registration form and return it with a minimum deposit of $1,100. First paid—first choice. Numbered map will be provided.
- August 1, 2013 - Final payment of $1,000 due ($200 deposit will be credited if applicable).
- Number of teams participating is limited to forty (40) teams.
- August 6 and 8, 2013 - Captain's Meeting - Two choices. Tuesday Aug 6 or Thursday Aug 8th. Both at 5:30 pm.
- August 8, 2013 - Deadline for team rosters and waivers.
- August 12-16, 2013 - Team practices are scheduled.
- August 17, 2013 - 2013 Habitat Dragon Boat Festival
- Paddlers and Alternates: IMPORTANT - Teams consists of a total of 24 members. Each dragon boat will contain 20 paddlers and 1 drummer plus coxswain/steerperson (who is provided). Only three (3) alternates allowed per team. Each team may race with anyone age 15 and up. Each team must race with a minimum of eight (8) women paddlers. Your team will receive a time penalty of three (3) seconds for every female your team is short. The only exception to this rule - leave the seat empty for every female required. The drummer must weigh 160 pounds or less. Each team member must sign a waiver.
- Visit our ministry website: www.gadsdenhabitat.com
- Paddles UP!
We Welcome and Appreciate Support and Volunteer Help!
- We raise the funds up front to buy the building materials
- We build the house with volunteer labor (there is some paid professional expense)
- Our families participate in Partnership classes which include budget counseling, develolpiong good credit, home and lawn maintenance and more.
- We have been very blessed to have wonderful support from our community.
- We hold the 0% interest, 20-year mortgage on the home
- We are now using the proceeds of 2012 Festival to build house # 42!